• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Belt Adjuster & Change Tool....New Design for 2019

Awesome looking!
I wish I didn't already have one from a different company

Just to clarify, are the buttons removing the need for the handheld plastic shim ?

Ive been instructing everyone to grease threads but it has come to my attention i need to be more specific. My intentions are for the threads that the adjuster spin on to be greased. Thread the center core out of adjuster and apply grease on the core threads.

Grease will help preserve the threads and prevent them from galling up. Install instructions on website will be updated soon to reflect this.

Ive been instructing everyone to grease threads but it has come to my attention i need to be more specific. My intentions are for the threads that the adjuster spin on to be greased. Thread the center core out of adjuster and apply grease on the core threads.

Grease will help preserve the threads and prevent them from galling up. Install instructions on website will be updated soon to reflect this.
Great work Travis!

For anyone considering this, please take alook at my build thread, i have info there on this latest design with I feel is very good! https://ty4stroke.com/threads/my-rt...et-the-mods-begin.149801/page-24#post-1412533

Dan

Very nice Travis, not real happy with the belt adjuster I have. Do you still have a deal set up for us Canuks like when I bought your bellypan guard? Keep up the great work.

So I've done it again....improved the design!

Had a few issues with adjusters seizing up. Some of them were my own fault as I forgot to put grease on the threads before I shipped them out. Others I think may have been due to some material impurities which resulted in cracked threads. Growing up in a welding shop my first instinct is to always build out of metal. I happened to remember one day that hygear used plastic for their threaded cross over adjusters on the mono shock dual rate spring kits. I figured if the plastic threads can with stand a mono shock spring force then why not try it for belt adjusters. I made up a test sample adjuster and it worked great. By machining the adjuster from plastic I eliminated the seizing concerns of the past.

Another issue, while no more than 5 cases was broken buttons. Very easy and cheap to warranty, but still something to fail. By machining the adjuster out of plastic, there is no longer a need for the buttons!

Lastly, the counterbore holes used to lock the allen into for leverage when doing belt change would start to wear and open up from frequent use. I opted to run a full through hole to slide the allen wrench into. This is a much better method for locking the allen wrench into the adjuster. I had to maintain the full octogon profile the whole length so the hole had some meat around it. In addition the full octagon gives more grip area for hand adjustments.

IMG_3272.jpg
57011890029__03614005-B91C-4EF4-B619-794C607C8C8E.JPG

Are these new and improved ones ready to ship?

Yes. Didnt update photos on website but if you order you will get updated version

Travis - Is the distance the same before the adjuster bottoms out when running a washer to limit float? I ask because it is just barely enough to get the 8JP belt off as it is today. I was hoping that pocket would be a little deeper. :)

Back