• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

battery cut out switch

sleddog66

Lifetime Member
I am looking to put a battery cut out switch on my 07 attak. did a search here and found nothing. I have found many similar type switches online, but wondered if anyone has done this? what kind? were did you mount it? Pictures and part numbers? any info would be great. I would like to be able to completly kill all 12 volt power with in a few seconds and with minimal effort. Thanks for input.

There are auto battery disconnects but are mechanical in nature but would not be the easy way you're looking for. What you're looking for is a high amp relay but that would use a fair amount of power to energize when you need all the power to crank the engine.

If all you want to do is prevent theft, just add another switch in the kill switch circuit hidden somewhere. As double insurance, add another to the fuel pump relay so it'll just crank it and it won't start.

actually looking for an easy way to kill the battery when all these crazy relays are frozen. ie. lights flashing randomly, starters sticking. it seems that the really cold weather irritates these sleds

yes Malibu. I wonder if that could be mounted on the plastics near the shock tower....and does the red part just come off, and a cap cover the hole when not in use???

Back