• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battery dead?

rx1yamaha2003

after riding on Saturday we left the sleds out side because it was late and we were cold and tired so we didn't wanna load them back up on the trailer. the next morning it was -8oF my rx1 started after about 10 seconds of cranking which was normal for how cold it was and the mxz started after a few pulls but my dads rx1 wouldn't even turn over it was just clicking. but we replaced both batteries at the same time with the same battery about a month ago on both yamaha's and mine started up.. just wondering if it could be like a frozen starter or just the battery couldn't handle the cold temp

I would check the voltage of the battery with a multi-meter after charging and again after sitting for an hour or two. If there is a signifigant drop (13.0 to 12.5 or less) the battery is bad. I've had bad batteries out of the box before.

Also check the voltage at the jumper cables once running. Should be about 14.4 volts, if low you need to check your stator.

Read a post on here the other day that said to check your cabels and make sure they are tight....amazing what a loose cabel will do too.

dab102999 said:
Read a post on here the other day that said to check your cabels and make sure they are tight....amazing what a loose cabel will do too.

x2. Check all cables before you do anything. From battery to starter, and so forth, and all grounds. Then check fuses. In all the forums ive been in whether it be cars or boats, you know how many people have issues and spend tons of time and and money getting things fixed to find out it was just a loose cable. When I have electric problems I check every connection, if it looks corroded I take it apart, sand it and diaelectric grease it.

Back