• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bed Liner on tunnel?

Tunnel Coating

Here is the pic. Can't seem to add picture. What do you need to do ?

Pete

Tyloooor said:
I just bought two cans of plasti dip last night......will post pictures when done...

I wouldn't waste your time with the plasti dip, doesn't hold up. Tried it on a few parts an jus comes right off

Re: Tunnel Coating

herndonp said:
Here is the pic. Can't seem to add picture. What do you need to do ?

Pete
pictures need to be downloaded from a site like yahoos flickr, not your hard drive. Check out the FAQ section for help. Now, I share the pics from my phone to flickr and pull from that site to down load on the posts. It took me some time to figure it out too! ;)!

nitris223 said:
A buddy of mine did plasti dip. Looked good but started peeling after a bit. He didn't exactly baby it neither. Thought about that bed liner spray. Used the Duplicolor stuff on some quad racks and it sticks good. The only downside is that it is rough looking, not smooth. Dull in color like flat black. I think you can clear overtop to make it shine. I would stop at the running boards and not spray them. That's where his peeling started.

I know plastidip prob wouldnt work on the running boards but does bed liner hold up on the running boards? If it wont hold on the running boards I will prob just keep polishing it.

Sledguy89 said:
Tyloooor said:
I just bought two cans of plasti dip last night......will post pictures when done...

I wouldn't waste your time with the plasti dip, doesn't hold up. Tried it on a few parts an jus comes right off

i was just going to do the tunnel and leave the running boards alone.....

It might hold if roughed up good but it will wear off any high point. Used it on floor boards on a Cat ATV and it stayed except for the very tips of the foot spikes. I think it will hold better then plasti dip .

Tyloooor said:
Sledguy89 said:
Tyloooor said:

i was just going to do the tunnel and leave the running boards alone.....

Any Pics Tylooooor?

no, still working on my sled....new header and copper donuts going in tonight (I hope) ...will be painting once everything is done...

I did spray-on bedliner on my apex tunnel a couple years ago. Its held up extremely well. There is a bit of wear iun the high-contact area where my heal rests, and a few spots around some of the rivets, but those are due to me not prepping well.

Back