• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt slipping down between secondary sheaves?

Grantzilla54

Hi guys!

I have a 06 apex gt that I just picked up,and I changed the drive bearing on.I put the secondary clutch back on,
and ran it on the stand,then noticed the belt slipping down in the sheaves.It kinda pops the helix in and out under
acceleration,but it sticks like there is not enough pressure? I took it apart,and cleaned it.I don't think it was put together right.
The sled only has 2100 miles ,so I don't think the spring is bad? Any ideas would be great,I also could use some pics,or videos how to
put back together? Heard it is a pain in the #*$&@ to compress spring!

What did you set the spring at? which spring.

And its real easy with yamahas oem springs.

probable no problem at all. This is very common for the belt not to fully return when running on the stand. If you let off the throttle VERY VERY slowly, you should be able to get the belt to fully shift to the top of the secondary.

I did notice that it would come back when I did let off the throttle slowly.It just didn't seem right.I am not used to these floating secondaries.Now I just have to try to figure out the easiest way to compress the spring.Also does
Anything have to line up on the sheaves on install?

Shouldnt be a problem, get a new if your worried it have bind .

Back