• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

belt storage

You can keep it up front in the tool bag. That is what Yamaha expects u 2 do. In my case I bought some belt clips from my dealer about $15 and riveted to the top of the clutch cover. Has worked great for 2 years.

SIKEWARD said:
You can keep it up front in the tool bag. That is what Yamaha expects u 2 do. In my case I bought some belt clips from my dealer about $15 and riveted to the top of the clutch cover. Has worked great for 2 years.

That's where I put mine too. Works great!

I took the nose tool bag and riveted it to the clutch cover, so belt and tools are all there. No problems and it allows me to put the nose bag up front for a little more storage.

yammi4ever said:
I took the nose tool bag and riveted it to the clutch cover, so belt and tools are all there. No problems and it allows me to put the nose bag up front for a little more storage.

That is a great idea, The tool bag at the front is a PITA to get to. I strapped it to my windshield mount last season but will look into this option for this season.

SIKEWARD said:

Good idea, thanks! :Rockon:

Make sure that you put the rivets pointing UP, that way belt deflection won't cause the belt to tear on the exposed part of the rivet.

one clip on the clutch cover... worked great all last year...

014-5.jpg

SIKEWARD said:

This is what i did...

Back