• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bent bolt

landing sideways. i had upbushmans spindle saver bushings in, and it bent the bolt, and the collar that goes thru the spindle (not the one pressed in). had to cut the head of the bolt off and use an air hammer to force it out

daryl506 said:
ever seen a lower bolt on the ski post bend?? and if so what causes it :yam:
If you hit something hard enough to bend the bolt you may want to check for a bent a-frame and or damaged bulk head. If you saw my earlier post about my bulk head replacemnt you'll see I bent both spindle bolts in the upper and lower a-arms.

Twice I had to cut the bolt in 3 sections to get it out of the spindle, I coundn't belive how bad it bent, it looked like an "Z' . The first time it bent the spindle the second time it was only the bolt , plus the 2 A arms on both occasions but no damage at all to the bulk head.

I had similar situation.

Decided to replace front end bushings on sled at 10,000 miles. Discovered that lower Arm bolt that goes through the spindle was bent in a Z shape on right side. It was a bitch to get out. After removing I also discovered A Arm was twisted. Had to replace it.

The crazy part is that I don't even know when it happened.

Those bolts are pretty sturdy. If your bolt is bent that bad, it is likely something else got tweaked as well.

wasn't bent real bad. you could see it with the naked eye tho and came out with a punch and hammer witch runned the bushings. the only thing i noticed were the springs were set up too stiff in the front. must have been asleep when i adjusted them last.

Does the A Arm look straight and can you put the bolt (a new straight one of course) through it without forcing it? Mine was not - tried to straighten and was not able to get it straight without binding on the spindle.

Back