• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bergstrom carbide ??

Grimm said:
wigyami said:
Grimm said:
Get your order in to Bergstrom ASAP. It take a long time to get, especially closer to snowmobile season.

I put my order in about 1.5 month still waiting, I did talk with him hopefully this week or the begining of November.

When you talked to him, what was his excuse? Supplier issues? Stolen shipment? Just curious.

Something about his help was wrapping up his summer gig, then coming to help him fill orders.

If you use the ski savers, do not torque the nuts very much at all or you will bend the hell out of your ski savers!

I emailed him last year with my info, never heard anything. Ended up getting a cheap pair of 6" off ebay, and the next day I recieved my bergstroms. It was about two months after I emailed him. 998 miles on them last year in crappy NY conditions and still look pretty good. And I still have that cheap pair for spares.

SlowPoke said:
I emailed him last year with my info, never heard anything. Ended up getting a cheap pair of 6" off ebay, and the next day I recieved my bergstroms. It was about two months after I emailed him. 998 miles on them last year in crappy NY conditions and still look pretty good. And I still have that cheap pair for spares.

The best way to speak to Scott if you have questions is the phone. I remember several years ago calling him after not getting a reply to emails and he said he is not much for using the computer and is so busy especially before and during the snowmobiling season that he barely has time just to answer the phone.

Metallicat said:
If you use the ski savers, do not torque the nuts very much at all or you will bend the hell out of your ski savers!

I tighten them, but did not give them the Iron man Iron. The savers sit straight and flat against the bottom side of ski.

wigyami said:
Metallicat said:

I tighten them, but did not give them the Iron man Iron. The savers sit straight and flat against the bottom side of ski.

Cool! I made the mistake of torquing mine like I would normally torque any nut on my sled and that is def not the way to go with the savers. I warped both sets that I had and now I am saverless, but the carbides and shims still work great even without the ski savers!

Ordered mine in March for delivery in Sept. Can never reach by phone. Email seems to work. Get messages back sending out next week. Last such response 3 weeks ago. Have used the triple points on several sleds and work great for me. First time I've had a delivery problem.

Back