• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bergstrom carbide ??

just (literally) got off the phone with scott 5 minutes ago. first of all, what a nice man. he is definitley passionate about snowmobiling! he likes to chat. anyway, i just ordered shims, carbides, and savers. he told me i'll have them in no more than a week at my front door.
i'll let you know...

Good friggin luck!
I wouldn't believe it, but let us know what excuses he comes up with.

ok....well...this is what i want to clarify with you guys (grimm, 06apexrtx) when you ordered your stuff from scott did he tell you the same thing? did he say "you'll have them in a week"....and it ended up taking 2 months? if thats what you telling me....then i'm scared!
i mean...it seems so hard to beleive. he was so nice and he specifically said, "your order will be shipped out no later than tuesday (dec 16th)".

Yup basically, that's what he said. He told me 2 weeks, got mine in about 5 1/2 weeks.

IMO, call him on Dec. 16th and see if they've been sent.

for myself i ordered them in oct. and after a month and 3 emails he sent me to difernt emails telling me they were being sent out that week and low and behold after 2 more weeks no carbides. for my self i wouldnt have been no where as pissed except he told me "2 times" that he was shipping them and didnt. so all those people who think i just wanted to vent for nothing this is why. im sure hes a good guy w/ alot on his plate, but dont say your going to do something and then dont.

oh boy....ok...i'll call him on the 16th...then again....then again....damn, i taking my first trip up north on the 20th! wanted to have the sled all set up. lord.....i need a miracle!

I'll try calling again. If I wasn't pleased with his product, would have canceled by now. First good snow due today. My thought; if you order in March for Sept delivery, as I did, that alone was more than enough lead time. Still nothing, but still hoping.

peterdb said:
oh boy....ok...i'll call him on the 16th...then again....then again....damn, i taking my first trip up north on the 20th! wanted to have the sled all set up. lord.....i need a miracle!

You just might want to invest in a back up set of runners, maybe Deuce bars, just in case.

Grimm said:
peterdb said:

You just might want to invest in a back up set of runners, maybe Deuce bars, just in case.

I agree!!!! Or Doolies..... sorry but I've never been a Bergstrom fan....over hyped and never lived up to it. Sure, Scott's a great guy and all but......I want a product that works...and the Doolies WORK.

Peterdb if your get'n the triples for stock yami skis give bob at Recreation plus in twin lakes wi a call 262-877-2794 he may have a set or two.

Yamadooed said:
Peterdb if your get'n the triples for stock yami skis give bob at Recreation plus in twin lakes wi a call 262-877-2794 he may have a set or two.

thanks for that info yamadood, i may just do that. i will call him at the end of the day on the 16th. if he has not sent them, i may cancel. i can drive up to twin lakes lickity split! where you at in Northern IL?

ok....well. i guess i'm lucky! really luckY! as you can see from a previous post last friday. i called scott bergstrom and ordered triple points, savers, and shims on friday (12/12). he told me they would be shipped on tuesday (12/15). i got them TODAY! wed(12/16).

Accord double down runners is the answer now! Gained 6 mph! No push, darting or drag! Finally happy after trying them all! I cant't believe all that top end I was losing!

Back