• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Clutch setup for 80-100 hp shot

I am going to shoot for 10,000 flat, and when I hit the button, it will jump to 11,000 flat.

I ran against many Apex's 2 weeks ago, and still pulled away from all of them at 10,200

***I updated this post***

When I ran the nitrous back in December, rpm's only went up 600, and now that I have it dialed in, it revs up 1,000 on the bottle. I was way too rich in the beginning of the season.

machzed said:
i hope this doesnt sound stupid...but with NOS if the rpms jump that much,and you need to clutch for 9500rpms....does this mean when you just go trail riding or just lake riding without the NOS your sled will only rev 9500?...so it will be a real slow ride?

if so,NOS really is moreso for drag racing correct?

thanks

To a point yes you are right.

Skydog, you took the words out of my mouth,...................... but yet you can use nitrous on the trail, but make sure you are going straight. I like to use it after a corner and shoot out from the rest of the pack, or slow down and wait till they are right on my back bumper, and then................WOO HOO! I guess you can call that drag racing also.

Best clutch set up for 80-100 shot

For you guys looking for the wisdom of NOS decision, here are a few things that helped me make up my mind vs. turbo or s.c. Motor is not running under boost constantly. Not generating very high under hood temps. while trail riding. After reading some of the stories on s.c. experiences maybe they are not the solution to the turbo difficulties. NOS is unique, and with the spare gas tank from CB you simply fill that about 3 Qts.? with 110 and run all day off your 87 octane. When you want the power either on that long rr bed or powerline, just hit your button and you're gone. After your run, keep off the button and you are back to mild mannered trail setup. One load of fuel in aux tank lasts for about 3 bottles of NOS so that should be enough to get you around till you get back to trailer. Other key point to remember is if you have the air filter setups your trail speeds about 7K will be about 16 hp more than stock. I think the only time you may suffer is if you're out of juice and going across lake at 10k instead of the stock 10,250. IMO that's not a hell of a lot. Plus you're not killing your motor constantly with boost pressure and its resultant complications such as detonation and excess heat. Bear in mind, this system is setup for 40-125 additional hp. Tthe resultant total is 170-250 hp approx. If you want to run the trails with a 400hp turbo, good luck. Hope some of these ideas are a help to some of you trying to decide what to do about xtra power.

Sorry had both Boost is WAY WAY much funner! All i do is put gas in my sled and ride! Turn a little knob if i want 7psi up to 16psi! And the sound of the BOV is just so sweet! Boost is way easyer on a motor than Nos power for power.
But for the money NOS ROCKS!!

Skydog

longshot and Skydog - Your both right on the money. NOS rocks and when off of the bottle, you have a bone stock machine, cost is cheaper, and doesn't boost the engine all of the time that SC's and turbo's do. But then, the boost on the other 2 are incredible.

Doing the nitrous thing for more than 20 years now, so I will probably stay with the NOS setups.

Allen, added 1 washer to the tip of the weights, should be 10,050 - 10,100 if my calculations are right, off of the bottle.

Right on guys!!! Have a good one i am out the door to go North and RIDE!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!

WISCONSIN here we come!!!

Skydog

Back