• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best place to get a new rail ? Can you fix a bent one?

RXB-1

Extreme
Anyone had any success fixing a bent rail?
How about the best place to buy a new one ? Anybody got one laying in their shop? I have a bend ( not bad but deffenatly bent) it is on a 03 mountain. looks like the stock rail ( left side)
Thanks for any help

I bent the rails back into shape on an old, fan cooled Phazer using a press. They were not creased and bent back no problem. I'd try this route since it costs nothing, or at least the most a 6 pack of beer for someone who owns a press.

lol i definetly did not see this post

i bent mine back on saturday and i even put an old axle from a different suspension right in where it was bent the most to keep it straight, and all that ended up happening was both rails bent on the next drift

As I have a replacement coming I will attempt to press out the bend. If it works I have a spair if not nothing lost :drink: :drink:

Well as it turns out its not that hard. see pic. just built a frame and used verious size shims (scrap metal) and a 2 ton jack. despite a lack of good feedback ( thanks for incouragement AKrider) and no help from my local dealer (advised to just buy a new one) it really only took about 1/2 hour to get it back good, Most of that was setting it up.

Attachments

• Rail straighten (2).jpg
    Rail straighten (2).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 63
well i ended up doing the same thing, and i put steel and aluminum stiffeners on them after they were straight

all good and took it for a test drive only to end up rolling the sled on the way back

Back