• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Seat Options?!?!

Mtn-Track

Extreme
There was a thread on here somewhere about the various seats and comments on the costs, fit, finish, performance, etc., but I can't find it now.

I'm looking for a taller seat for my Viper Mtn. that will ride more like my Vector Mtn. Boss is expensive and I remember some issues with the quality. Any others or should I look at making a seat riser?

Bring on the suggestions! Thanks!

Vector1 said:
Go with the Nytro Seat. I put one on mine and its like a new sled. Also, it has a great storage area in the rear.

Nytro Seat will not work on a Viper. I have a Boss on three of my sleds and would buy another in an instant. Never had an issue with any of them.

I guess the question is if a Nytro seat will fit a Viper Mtn or not. If I remember, several folks on another thread said the Boss looked like it was assembled by a 12 year old, or maybe I have it wrong. I'm not interested in doing any bashing, just looking for the best QUALITY seat to do the job.

Thanks for the input, but there has to be other options that I can look at before dropping 500 bones for a seat. :exc:

seats

i have a boss seat on my rx1,i wouldnt trade it for any other seat,i really like it.

All new seats are not cheap. I paid $750 cdn for my Mountain Mod seat! I love this seat. It uses the stock hardware for install and the added height is excellent. I don't know if they do older sled seats through.

Perhaps you could do a mod to your existing seat by adding more foam to raise the height of the seat, as others have done here.

Attachments

• advantedge roller.jpg
    advantedge roller.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 58
Where do the Mountain Mod seats come from? I think that was the "other" one I've heard about besides Boss. I'm also looking for the weight reduction, so I don't really want to use the OEM seat if I don't have to.

*** I found MountainMod. Nice looking seats, but I'll need to call them for my application.***

Maddog said:
Vector1 said:
Go with the Nytro Seat. I put one on mine and its like a new sled. Also, it has a great storage area in the rear.

Nytro Seat will not work on a Viper. I have a Boss on three of my sleds and would buy another in an instant. Never had an issue with any of them.

Agreed. My BOSS seat is great, no complaints at all. Much better then ANY stock Yammi seat, IMO.

The boss seat i put on my warrior was the best mod i ever did,workmenship is exellent and the comfort is outstanding. it is all so very lite compared to the stocker.

It seemed that Boss was the way to go, so I called them and I need to go through a dealer to get one. It would be the end of March before they would even start on it. In my searching, I found several threads on other sites that hit these guys pretty hard on fit, quality, fading, stitching, customer service, etc.

A riser from Excell is on the way, and I may do Grimms suggestion and find some extra foam.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Back