• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best ski to buy

I am a very aggressive rider that doesn't do very much deep power riding. I am looking for the best handling and corner ski that is aggressive that will also help in eliminating in some of the darting. I really like C@A skis but am open to any suggestions. I am just confused to what C@A to get. I have 06Nitro and could use this awesome place for some help thanks.

The C&A Razor is the most aggressive ski out there. If you ever go to a Snow Cross race, you will notice that every rider regardless of the manufacturer, uses the Razor. I had them on my Attak last weekend. The skis went where ever I pointed them but they do require a lot more steering effort. The skis are best in loose snow conditions rather than hard packed trails.

C&A skis, in general, have the largest keel that provides the best bite in the corners. Slydogs seem pretty popular because they have more keel than the stock ski but not as much as a C&A. Members have reported than the Slydog ski requires about 10% more effort than the stock ski but provides more aggressive cornering. Pilots and Simmons rely on dual carbides to provide the bite, which offers less steering effort than a deep keel ski.

To eliminate darting, you best option is to shim the ski. It doesn't seem to matter which brand of ski you have.

The thing with the simmons skis is that on hardpack, they are very agressive for turning, but with a substantial depth of loose snow, they'll float up. They're a great compromise for someone who also likes going off the trail, but for trail only, they may leave something to be desired.

Back