• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Newbie needs Ski/Carbide help please

christion

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Venture, 2014 Viper
Hello all,

I am a newbie rider and got myself a 2011 Yamaha Venture GT I took it for a brief ride at the end of last season and it wouldn't turn properly. Say when I'm turning right it would kinda push forward as opposed to actually turning. After some research I know this sled needs to be set up for my weight etc. but I also want to eliminate the skis and carbides and put new ones on. Currently I think I have a basic Yamaha ski and when I google the model number nothing seems to come up except for the attached picture.

I am looking to go with the aggressive snowtrackers for the carbides and I want to know what ski would be a good compliment. I have looked all over the forum and even on snow tracker's website but I am super confused. I was also wondering if the snow trackers alone with the stock ski would be a good option. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 31

curve xs skis are pretty popular and worked pretty well with stud boy 6" shaper bars on my brothers 2013 rs venture gt. they would still push a bit when it was soft/mealy out but a more agressive ski, like the 09 apex mtx ski i like, causes the venture sleds to pick up the outside ski more when it is ridden agressively. you will need the ski shim mod from the tec pages if using this combo. i personally do not like snow trackers but lots of riders have really good results with them.

let me know when you are ready to set up the sled for you as we had my brothers dialed in pretty dang good.

Aggressive snowtrackers on those stock skis you’ve got will work fantastic in the trail. I along with many other Yammy 4 stroke veterans have logged 10’s of thousands of miles with that combo.
If you NEED extra front end flotation trackers on the MTX skis are a great combo as well, that’s what I run currently on my main sled.

Aggressive snowtrackers on those stock skis you’ve got will work fantastic in the trail. I along with many other Yammy 4 stroke veterans have logged 10’s of thousands of miles with that combo.
If you NEED extra front end flotation trackers on the MTX skis are a great combo as well, that’s what I run currently on my main sled.
X2 on the Snowtrackers, plus you can install them on your existing skis. The only thing I would advise is studding the sled if you go this route.

Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know exactly what ski that is in the picture I posted? Just want to make sure I get the correct installation instructions off of the snow tracker website.

Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know exactly what ski that is in the picture I posted? Just want to make sure I get the correct installation instructions off of the snow tracker website.
It looks like the stock Yamaha ski also used on the Nytro’s.

standard saddle less rx1/venture/vector ski in picture.

Back