• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Skid/Float plate

Best Skid/Float plate

• Skinz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SDXTXrider

Veteran
I am looking for a skid/float plate for my XTX. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with any particular brands? Leaning towards a Skinz Float plate, but I dont really want to spring for a new bumper too.

I had a Skins on my last XTX. For a MTX I think it would be the trick, but I was 75% on trail and all it did was ice up.

I've also been pondering this lately but am also considerign the Yammie GYTR plate. I've heard lots of good things about Roest, but the lack of protection for the front of the sled has me worried. I like plates that protect the bottom of the nose as well and will help the sled go up and over obstacles. The Skinz float plate looks great for protection as it's huge, but icing is a problem for them. I rode with a guy who had one and he said he could not sink the front end of his sled no matter how deep of snow he went in.

i have the skinz unit on my xtx it does float well (like bolting a tobogan under your sled) but it also ices up alot. thinking about going to a roest & wider skiis to compensate. had to do some trimming of plate so it wouldn't hang up on the sway bar brackets.

I've seen the Roest on my buds. Just do it. From what I looked at it's a no-brainer. Armoured underwear just for those days.

I had the skinz float plate. I had it almost rip off last year because of ice build up. Glad a riding buddy noticed it so we used a ratchet strap to secure it until we could get back to the cabin, and take it off. Going with a Roest skid plate now. Looking at the two, Im amazed I actually bought the skinz one. Thanks Peter for making such a great product.

Bamboo said:
I had the skinz float plate. I had it almost rip off last year because of ice build up. Glad a riding buddy noticed it so we used a ratchet strap to secure it until we could get back to the cabin, and take it off. Going with a Roest skid plate now. Looking at the two, Im amazed I actually bought the skinz one. Thanks Peter for making such a great product.

X2. My skinz causes so much overheating it was rediculous. Packed with snow then turned to frozen blocks of ice only removable by thawing. Just want you want, 20lbs of ice on the front end.

You don't need the skinz front bumper.my wifes sled has a skinz float plate and stock front bumper. It came on the sled if i where to buy one it would be the roest.

I got the Roest. I have had different skid plates over the years but that thing is without question the BALLS. I told the boy to junk his Yamaha plate and I will hook him up at Christmas.

Agreed; a no brainer.

Schlick55 said:
I had a Skins on my last XTX. For a MTX I think it would be the trick, but I was 75% on trail and all it did was ice up.

Here's a float plate on an MTX. Sounds good on paper but..................

Attachments

• P3160302.jpg
    P3160302.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 77

Back