• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

black 03' RX1

rx1familyman

VIP Member
Everything that I see posted in all of the pictures, I never see all black 03' RX1's. Was this a snow check item for 03'. Just thought I'd ask,seems like I may hae gotten an oddball. :?

The black ones were the "base model" RX1. You could not get factory installed reverse on the black ones. That is the biggest reason you dont see many black ones as the majority of RX1s are ER models.

Black ones are the hardest to get pictures of because their the fastest. I took this one with the motor not running, even like this I had to use really fast shutter speed. HA HA HA Just kidding!

Attachments

• Black ones are the fastest.jpg
    Black ones are the fastest.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 275
Fever,

You must have a major exhaust leak from your turbo. The fumes are obviously getting to you. I think you are actually starting to beleive that Black sleds are faster than Blue ones. Please seek medical attention.

BLUE SLEDS ARE THE FASTEST!!!

No, I've got no exhaust leaks, but I really love the smell of that Ave. gas but maybe I have to stop taking deep breaths when filling up? Spray I keep calling that number you gave me but is that your work number I keep getting an answering machine, if so could you give me your home number and I'll give you a call tomorrow. Snow Fever

Man, not many disagreeing on the Black ones being the fastest. Only Spray25 and he told me he lives at 5000' and rides up to 10,000'. Maybe he's just delirous from a lack of oxegen from riding so high? Well all I know is set up right even without the Turbo if you know how to ride this 720lbs street bike can surprise alot of 800 chain saw motors in the steep and deep and with the Turbo it can put a serious hurt'n on them.

Fastest

Ok I didn't want to hurt your feelings, but since you begged for it. Two things: First, we established last year that silver was the fastest, sharpest and most desired RX-1. If you don't beelieve me, ask Convert, he is an utmost authority on this subject. Second, I agree with you that a lack of oxygen has impacted Ray's reasoning when it comes to color selection, 8)

I hate to admit it but I bought my black one because it was a great deal. If I had my choice I would have chosen a blue one. I have looked on Ebay but I hate to spend that kind of money when my parts are perfect condition. But as far as I can see I could get away with a hood gas tank cover and live without the seat for now. I am considering putting some of the blues hood stripes on my black and painting my screen kit white.

Back