• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Block Heater

I purchased the Yamaha Coolant Heater SMA-HEATR-CL-NT with my sled but I have yet to install it.
Have just been putting it of since you have to drain all the coolant....
Let me know if you get one tho

If anything I would try and get an oil pan heater. They offer magnetic and adhesive types. . Is that pan magnetic?

Warm oil, plus the heat rises up thru the block and head anyways. win win

no kidding all from Canada,, nothing worst then being on a snowmobile trip at -30 and sled dont start LOL been their done that,, block heater it is for this ladd

from what I remember as I just did an oil change is pan is Aluminum so would be a no go.
What line does the block heater install on? Is there not one that is exposed on the chain case side?
My sled is stored in a heated garage but it is the overnighters and yes at -30 why I want one.....It can get damn cold up North.....if mother nature would just cooperate....damn it anyways we need more snow

No the ones I posted glue on.. And they don't come off easy, mines been dragged thru the oil patch for a few yrs now, and is still stuck on there good. I find them a better option as it warms everything.. Oil, coolant, block, head.. etc.

I like the pan heater but not much room between the skid plate and pan from what I remember. I know I cut the fins from were the oil filter is in case of a hit. Will have to drop skid plates and see if there is room as the heater is about an 1 inch or more thick

The pan heaters I posted are about as thick as a towel or so (1/4"?).. But yes, check how much room there is, you wouldnt want the support braces on the stock skid plate rubbing into it over time and shorting it out.

The 3" round or 1.5x6" 125 watt size would be my guess. I'd have to look at the pan again to decide.

Warming the oil would be best for your engine, a battery warmer/tender would be best to ensure the sled starts. And I would avoid leaving any warmer plugged in overnight. Just 30 mins before leaving should be plenty.

Plenty of room on the chaincase side for a coolant heater, the previous owner installed one in there and it fits so nice it could be factory.

this is on an attak....yamaha accessory

Attachments

• DSC01085.JPG
    DSC01085.JPG
    353.4 KB · Views: 3,137

Back