• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blown a belt yet?

BV1

Expert
Just curious, I carry a spare but havn't blown one yet, ever, on any sled. Are they hard to change on the Phazer?

Thx,

-Steve

I have gotten 3700 km's out of mine so far and it looks new LOL

And I've ridden it hard in the powder, gotten the thing nice and hot, I'm impressed with the belt durability.

As for changing them, if you ask me it is a major pain on these secondary's...but others disagree. I'm used to BRP's secondary with the tool. Effortless. I was going to practise changing mine in the garage, and I was having such a hard time that I said to heck with it.

I got playing around with mine the other day and all I can say is to wear gloves. There some sharp edges that seem to bit ya! The secondary is tight, but it will go after some cursing and sweating! I swapped belts,so your not breaking the spare in when your stuck in the deep stuff! Yes I agree with Yellowknife, these belts do seem very durable! I think it would be good practice to get a rythm down for changing your belt!

you grab the secondary sheave closest to the motor and turn it clockwise and push away from you on it, it then spreads the secondary apart. You need 4 hands for this. lol

No tool, I wish there was a tool. I don't think its user friendly at all!

It is not too hard and they are the same on all the Yamaha 4-Strokes. Push first real hard and yes setting the parking brake helps. Just don't get angry and it comes off pretty easy.

Back