• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

boost

Nelsonhouse

question for the owners of boosted sleds
what are the options in the after market for turbos and super chargers?
which after market company do you all think will be the first to boost this viper?

G-Force -with the smaller Nitrocharger

sledneck22 said:
rlcofmn said:
As soon as possible I'll have one turboed. ;)! October?

Good luck fitting two of them in there like the skuzzball!!!

Don't tempt me ;)!

We'll have at least a couple OFT equipped Turbo Vipers Running around AK as soon as snow falls. With any luck maybe even get one in time for a couple passes down the tar.

According to a friend that works for Cat, now this may not be correct, but he was right about this merger of Cat chassis and Yamaha engine. He told me that there will be a S/C Viper coming, not sure of when, it may be a 2015, but they are coming. I was skeptical about it when he told me about what we are now seeing, but he was right then and I am hoping he is right about an S/C version.

As I am sure to get bashed for this post as seems to be the way on here, I am just saying, my source was right about the new Viper, hope he's right again.

STS1974 said:
According to a friend that works for Cat, now this may not be correct, but he was right about this merger of Cat chassis and Yamaha engine. He told me that there will be a S/C Viper coming, not sure of when, it may be a 2015, but they are coming. I was skeptical about it when he told me about what we are now seeing, but he was right then and I am hoping he is right about an S/C version.

As I am sure to get bashed for this post as seems to be the way on here, I am just saying, my source was right about the new Viper, hope he's right again.

The reason I suspect is that Cat has PLENTY of 1100T motors left for 14' and doesn't want Super/Turbo Viper selling at the same time. Maybe Yamaha has a fresh new boosted engine waiting to drop for 15' also and it won't simply be a boosted Nytro engine.

Crazy how close this post was!!! This one only the 3rd post created when this thread was started. No S/c's but Push, MCX, Hurricane and MPI all have built kits for this thing.

And now the announcement of the option of a kit for MTX and XTX for 2015 actually sped up the estimated time table and eliminate the thought of a different mill in this chassis.

As with all new setups there has been challenges. With this one I see the fact that it is not running the Yamaha ECU is a real problem. The Nytro, Rx's and Apex's have been under boost for 11 yrs now with very little problem but several of us have been chasing problems with the CAT ECU on turboed versions and even the hot start problems and other electrical issues have been on N/A versions, well documented here.

I knew the risks when I opted for a first yr model and pushed it to 6#'s and have learned a valuable lesson! Just as the day I puchased the 1st 03 rx and found out the motor was amazing but the rest of the sled required much work to make it go through a turn or over a bump. We are now nearing the end of season 1 and I have spent more time int he shop than on the trails. I can only hope that the rest of the season passes with no more issues and for next yr I only have to lube, change oil and blow off the cobwebs.

Back