• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boss seat problem???

Gotcha. Thanks!!!! I'm working on installing my Boss seat now. It better work b/c I wrecked my stock seat removing the tail light wire runing through it. :o|

But I'm jazzed b/c the seat appears it will fit great.

Did you have to trim any of the plastic around the tank at all or any where else? Or trim the rear exhaust covers or anywhere else? I don't think I'm going to have to trim anywhere, at least I'm keeping my fingers crossed I won't have to!

:Rockon:

Nope... no trimming of plastic. Everywhere else was good.fits tight to the tank.overall fits and feels better imo

sheetwright said:
Nope... no trimming of plastic. Everywhere else was good.fits tight to the tank.overall fits and feels better imo
Thx for all of your advice here Sheetwright -- very kind!

I got my Boss seat installed just tonight. Thank god for heated garages because is is -20 degrees out farenheight. Damn cold! Wierd thing... it is freakin snowing out a little too. That's wierd when it is this cold.

The seat fit very well, like yours. I like it a lot. Now I just can't wait to ride. Thos areas on the side by the exhaust covers are so minimal I'm not even going to mess with it.

I do have some foam tape I considered applying in there, but then I asked myself why do that, and then I just left it.

I think the key to Boss seats (I also installed one a few years ago on my Mt viper) is getting the snaps riveted on really tight, so that you have to pull down really hard on the seat to get them snapped together. The seat then pulls down closer onto the sled and it looks more stock, like it belongs on there.

I didn't have my camera handy so I'll get some pics this weekend and post them.

Thx Sheetright!

:Rockon:

Here it is. I think the install turned out well.
a821b81f.jpg

6675bde1.jpg

ddc4b678.jpg

ee281d7b.jpg

Now can't wait to ride. Hopefully going out tomorrow for a looooong ride.

Back