• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BossNoss First Attempt

Got the Boss Noss kit installted on the RX and am ready to push the button. Tank is filled and purged the gas lines .

However while running without the bottle (NOS) turned on I tried a push of the button with fuel only and it took a few seconds to bog the engine. Is this normal? I am running one micro fuel adjuster split 4 ways ( two then two each), and am five turns open on the adjuster. The adjuster is the new 'black knob' model and I was told I would only need one of these.

Am I on the right track?

Is there a problem? Flow back of fuel?
Suggestions? I don't want too melt it down.

Thanks

ya sound like your getting fuel. are you runnin filters or air box? how many nozzles? what hp? i got the updated adjuster too, you going to like the extra power!!! :nos :nos

Thanks for the reply yamahjunkie.

I am running filters with one nozzle each. 40hp total.

Seems like I get fuel right away after testing.
How many micro fuel adjusters are you using 1 or 2?
How many turns out are you with it/ them?

Should the extra fuel without the NOS not bog the engine imediatly after hitting the button?

Thanks for your input, am new to NOS.

Doug

i drilled out nozzles for more hp and have 4 (1 in each carb boot) plus the new big knob manager on my sled. seems better fuel setting with the one new style manager. you have to make runs to get the bog out, once your close pull the plugs i mean all the plugs and see what they look like. each one must be checked( i would suck to find out one on the fuel lines came off a boot and burned a cylinder down) then if they still look tan, put them in and do longer runs and pull plugs. you gotta make sure your mixture is right b4 you make a holeshot to 1/2 mile run. once you get it right a 5# sledge hammer wont wipe off the smile on you face.

Thanks, Now just so I'm clear your fuel set-up looks like this:

Fuel pump----> Boss Nos Smart Box
..................................... I
..........................Micro fuel manager
....................... _________I________
...................... I ........................... I
...................... I ........................... I
......... _______I_____ ....... _____I_____
.......... I......................I.........I..................I
..........O......................O........O.................O
.............. Carb Boots...............Carb Boots

My micro fuel manager is a black knob (3/8" diameter) I don't know if this is the same as yours but it sound like it except for the 'big' part.

So after the bog is gone, just turn the fuel down while keeping the plugs tan in colour.
How many turns from closed is this tipically?

I checked the nozzles for the fuel that I installed in the carb boots and two of them had a slightly smaller hole than the other two, I have now made them all the same size.

:nos

thats what mine looks like in your drawing, the other adjusters were smaller than the new one. i have a different shot than you, so i cant give you a good # on turns. start with a bog and dial it back, thats all i can say. i would hate to tell you a # of turns and your sled burnt down.

yamahajunkie said:
i drilled out nozzles for more hp and have 4 (1 in each carb boot) plus the new big knob manager on my sled. seems better fuel setting with the one new style manager. you have to make runs to get the bog out, once your close pull the plugs i mean all the plugs and see what they look like. each one must be checked( i would suck to find out one on the fuel lines came off a boot and burned a cylinder down) then if they still look tan, put them in and do longer runs and pull plugs. you gotta make sure your mixture is right b4 you make a holeshot to 1/2 mile run. once you get it right a 5# sledge hammer wont wipe off the smile on you face.
What size drill bit did you use and what kind of HP gain? Thanks, Kase

Man i drilled my i have the bit to but can not read the size it is so small. I could not realy tell after i drilled mine?

Skydog

Back