• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bottom Side Panels

yamahinn03

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
12 Nytro XTX (mine)
06 Apex GT (wifes)
07 Phazer (#2 sons)
02 Viper (#1 Sons)
How do the little fasteners work.

Use a small flat screw driver to pop up the center pin--grip the center pin with needle nose plyers & lift the unit out.Haven't lost one yet.

Thats how I thought they worked, but wanted to make sure beforew I started braking them. Got them all out ok, probly helped that its 70 degrees out, probly would have broke some if it were. 15 degrees. I bet the dealerships sell a bunch of them.

yamahinn03 said:
Thats how I thought they worked, but wanted to make sure beforew I started braking them. Got them all out ok, probly helped that its 70 degrees out, probly would have broke some if it were. 15 degrees. I bet the dealerships sell a bunch of them.
I made a tool that works great and doesnt ruin them, go the hardware store and get a small end nipper (they look like a small pliers kinda) then do a little grinding on the end so it will fit into the fastener and lift up the the center part when you sqeeze the handles, sorry if knew how to post a picture on here i would. Hope it helps.

yamahinn03 said:

If you break a bunch its way cheaper to go to a napa or fastenal store or any auto parts store and just buy them from them. They should be able to get a pretty close match to the yamaha fasteners

sleddingfarmer said:
yamahinn03 said:

If you break a bunch its way cheaper to go to a napa or fastenal store or any auto parts store and just buy them from them. They should be able to get a pretty close match to the yamaha fasteners

X2 - go to Fastenal and buy a box of 25 for $7.00. They are made by Au-ve-co products part #19239. Fastenal part #0162683 a universal type for a Acura & Honda and work perfect for the Nytro. They're much easier to open/close.

Thanx gentleman.

Back