• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brake Switch Issue

SKIP

Extreme
I have a strange issue, I need help with.

Have a newer style hydraulic brake (off Nytro) installed on my Phazer II and have no control of my brake light...it is always on.

I checked the brake light switch which had power all the time. I removed the switch to check contacts and noticed once positioned it functioned correctly. However when installed, the position has it in contact all the time?? I see no type of adjustment available?

I was thinking it may be the wrong switch for the application, but it fits perfectly and is identical to the parts diagram.

Anyone have any insight?
$(KGrHqRHJEUFD)2I)6LRBRC(P1451!~~60_1.jpg

Thanks!
Skip

I have a strange issue, I need help with.

Have a newer style hydraulic brake (off Nytro) installed on my Phazer II and have no control of my brake light...it is always on.

I checked the brake light switch which had power all the time. I removed the switch to check contacts and noticed once positioned it functioned correctly. However when installed, the position has it in contact all the time?? I see no type of adjustment available?

I was thinking it may be the wrong switch for the application, but it fits perfectly and is identical to the parts diagram.

Anyone have any insight?
View attachment 123594

Thanks!
Skip

Its the wrong switch. I had this happen once before and tried to take a switch off an older Yamaha and it would do the exact same thing.

Wow, I just looked at the parts diagram for the 93 and it looks as if it is the original mechanical brake switch! I assumed the switch was part of the newer hydraulic assembly (not). I can't believe the switches are that similar 20 years apart!

Thanks for the heads up Mr.Sled!!!

Wow, I just looked at the parts diagram for the 93 and it looks as if it is the original mechanical brake switch! I assumed the switch was part of the newer hydraulic assembly (not). I can't believe the switches are that similar 20 years apart!

Thanks for the heads up Mr.Sled!!!

Your welcome!!

Back