• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Break-in impressions of 2009 Yamaha RS Venture GT

I took 3 turns off the spring preload on the forward suspension shock.

The ride is much better and more weight is forward which provides more ski pressure.

This sled can be figured out to provide balance and comfortable ride.

In this case patience is very much in play.

For me, fine tuning using small adjustments are next.

Hope this helps. ;)!

Playing in Quebec, and New Brunswick, Canada yesterday.
CanadaSnow.jpg

Pohenegamook, QC, Les Chevaliers des Frontieres Club House.
PohenemagookClubHouse-1.jpg

seat mod

Hondo, I may have missed your post about how you did your seat modification on your Venture GT. We also bought a Venture GT this year too and I've commented on how far forward the seat lip is. How did you move yours back 3"?

If you ever get down in the LaCrosse/Onalaska, WI area, let me know.

Thanks!

After 500 miles I made a few adjustments to the beast , lowered front end by 1/4 inch, also lightened up the forward shock in the rear so the collers are just touching the spring and put the tension block on soft. Wow I now like this sled it steers! Its not so tippy, and much smoother. Before I did this I put the beast on its side with the whole family on it, very slow, just putting out to the ice shack, got in a deep truck track and over she went, 500$ damage bent the stay(windshield support bar) and broke some plastic:^(

Re: seat mod

NytroXTX said:
Hondo, I may have missed your post about how you did your seat modification on your Venture GT. We also bought a Venture GT this year too and I've commented on how far forward the seat lip is. How did you move yours back 3"?

If you ever get down in the LaCrosse/Onalaska, WI area, let me know.

Thanks!

NytroXTX,

First post to the thread, third photo. Custom Creations Seat Shop in Caribou, ME moved the drivers seat lip back three inches.

Hope this helps! ;)!

Attachments

• TYRates.doc
    169.5 KB · Views: 105
Did Shock travel test on my GT. Now over 2200 miles. Front shocks using full range of travel. Both rear shocks not using half available travel. Anyone know how to change this without changing springs? As far as I know Yamaha does not offer softer springs for this sled. I could adjust center track shock a couple turns. But rear shock is set a full soft on compression.

studdog said:
Did Shock travel test on my GT. Now over 2200 miles. Front shocks using full range of travel. Both rear shocks not using half available travel. Anyone know how to change this without changing springs? As far as I know Yamaha does not offer softer springs for this sled. I could adjust center track shock a couple turns. But rear shock is set a full soft on compression.

I think the issue is the stiffness (rate) of the rear skid spring (mousetrap type). I tried to further soften the preload on the forward skid coilover, however even with the limiter adj. 1 hole tighter than stock, the spring becomes too short. It seems the sled is being supported by the rear spring.

I'm going to work on this some more this weekend - I'll try post

;)!

HELP! Why does it appears everyone (that has rear transfer rods on the sled) is using the limiter straps to transfer weight instead of using the transfer rods at the rear of the skid,,,,,,,,,,is one better than the other, the owners booklet is silence on this.

I need to find out what one adjustment does that the other does not or vice versa.

(I'm asking because I need a bit more weight on the ski's and I noticed the rear 15" of the sliders have way more wear than the rest of the slider)

:rocks: [/b]

What my experience tells me is that the transfer rod is the last adjustment to play with. The transfer rod effects movement under acceleration only. More or less front end lift during acceleration. Mine seems to be about right in that area but needed weight on skis to stop pushing in turns. Pulling in the limiter one hole accomplished that. Loosening center track shock spring would also increase pressure on skis but mine already in loosest position. Hope this helps. George

Cool beans Hondo.... 40,000 clicks on this one too??

Thanks Studdog, That clears it up, I'll start with the limiter strap, If I ever get my V GT back from the dealer,,,,,,,,having :o| track warranty issues!

Back