• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Break in period

I would just ride it normal with some wot thrown in, nothing crazy but i wouldnt baby it either. There have been many posts about this too, do a search and see what u find.

That's basicly what the motoguy says! Seat those rings and don't even idle it in the garage to show your friends. WOT every chance baby!!

Basic rule of thumb I have always used, don't stay at any one RPM for too long. Keep varrying your RPM with some WOTs thrown in. And as stated, try not to let it sit there idling for an hour.

zeke66 said:
Basic rule of thumb I have always used, don't stay at any one RPM for too long. Keep varrying your RPM with some WOTs thrown in. And as stated, try not to let it sit there idling for an hour.

I agree. Just ride it like you usually would, and open it up once and a while.

You don't want to baby it, or you could end up with a pooch. And you don't want to go out and hold it wide open for miles on end either.

I did exactly as recommended by the motoguy. I don't burn a drop, and I'm extremely happy with the results.

there is alot of articles on the web of both sides of the the issue of break in periods for 4stroke motors, I would belive that the site posted above is very credible.

110+MPH? C'Mon man! these Nytros wil be lucky to hit triple digits going downhill with teh wind at your back! Oh wait a minute! You have teh Curves on there which is good for another 10mph. ;):D

torszula said:
110+MPH? C'Mon man! these Nytros wil be lucky to hit triple digits going downhill with teh wind at your back! Oh wait a minute! You have teh Curves on there which is good for another 10mph. ;):D

He has it documented on video.......look in his signature box.

Back