• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broken Bulkhead Repair kit

RTXZIGGY

Website
ziggysmotors.com
Hi everyone, I am in the process of repairing my '06 RTX after ripping the LF suspension off on the tracks in Tupper Lake NY. The idea occurred to me that I'm not the only one that has faced this issue and I would like to offer this question for review. I beleive I can manufacture a kit that would correct a broken eye on the lower control arm bolt that would be stronger than original and wouldn't require any welding. This kit could be installed before damage occurs to strengthen this weak area or after an eye pulls out . The only caveat is that approximately 50% of the original eye mus remain for bushing factory bushing and bolt location.
If this kit could be offered for under a hundred bucks is there any interest or demand? I would be glad to hear any feedback and I think it would be cool to offer a fix for what is otherwise a real pain to deal with. Thanks in advance!!

Great question... I beleive that something has to give eventually, and it's better to break something easily replaceable. That said, either the ski or the arms themselves would give next. I have never seen a broken bulkhead that didn't include trashed arms, so to me, it seems to be acceptable.

There's is plenty of people on here that have done this damage me included.
I got the small piece re welded and then made my own steel bracket plate that protects this from happening again.
I kit would help those who couldn't fix it.

17 june 09 update I also made a steel bracket that protected the area however after a little testing it doesn't work, bulkhead rebroke today.

Back