• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bullseye/Uni filters vs K&N Filters

SledFreak

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Current 2020 ThunderCat. - SOLD!
Has anyone tried adding two uni filters or bullseyes in the top lid of the Nytro airbox vs K&N filter setup? Another TYer and myself called Hauck Powersports and he offers both setups. One is 150.00 bucks and the other is 250.00 (K&N). Hauck says they perform the same in the field. Has anyone tested this to see? Two uni filters are 10 bucks compared to 250.00.

Stay away from modding the air box lid. The FX Nytro doesn't respond to a modded lid like the Apex does. The only gain I have found is with air filters. All of the air box modifications I tried on the dyno did not work, they simply cost me about $800 worth of dyno time and even more time field testing! LOL!

I have ulmers k&n set up and I love it. The only thing I was worried over was snow ingress. I am happy to say after riding all last year in deep snow conditions I never had a problem.

NLViper said:
I have ulmers k&n set up and I love it. The only thing I was worried over was snow ingress. I am happy to say after riding all last year in deep snow conditions I never had a problem.

Me neither. Rode in TONS of powder last season and never had a problem with snow ingestion using Ulmer's K&N Filter kit. ;)!

Attachments

• Copy of FX Nytro Stuck.jpg
    Copy of FX Nytro Stuck.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 108
how about the performance increae though? I'm thinking of going with the tied secondary and maybe ulmers filter kit this year. I was going to get the full meal deal this fall from ulmers but work has slowed down a bit... :o|

Back