• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Burning out slides???

08nytromtx16

Veteran
Well I am just wondering if you guys on the nytro mtx have ever had any problems burning out slides on a groomed trail? Do the 2+ inch lugs really make this ski doo unusable for those days you just want to go for a ride down a trail or is it a stricktly powder ski doo? Thanks a lot for all your input.

I changed my first set at 2,500 miles of groomed trail riding. I was very cautious to dip into powder every couple miles. I do plan on cutting the lugs down to 1 3/4" for when conditions worsen. I also run my track 2 -3 full turns looser on the adjusters than the factory setting.

Bout 1500km and mine were done. Putting on a set of scratchers......hopefully that will help

How did you guys mount your scratchers? I bought a set but have yet to put them on. Did you go behind the outside front idler wheels or remove them?

Remove the idlers and put them as far up on the rails that you can. Make sure they don't drag on the edge of your track and you'll be good to go!

Your not alone. I have a brand new 08 Nytro MTX. I went 8 miles on a new set of hyfaxes and there almost done right at the transition angle on the front of the rails. no I wasn't running scratchers yes it was fairly packed newly groomed trail. But my buddy on his 800 rev was on the same trail for about 120mi. w/o scratchers also. his hyfaxes look fine. Why did I only ride 8 miles? My front right shock snapped off at the bottom mount where the rod screws into it. I didnt hit anything and I dont thrash my sleds. I was traveling down the trail heard a loud pop and my sled tipped to the right. This sled only has 69 lightly ridden mi on it. Im not to sure about taking it out in the back country to test it out now. Guess what the shock is on backorder. :o|

Three nytor MTX and one 02 viper on a trip. All three nytrros burned through sliders after 300km!! Viper with 1.75" has original sliders with 6000km no sign of melting!!. I think track is too tight as spec on it and the extrovert nytro are very similar!. Check your drivers as our drivers also show signs of melting!! We loosened track to 1.5 inches of slack without pulling down. We had no access to parts so we turned sliders end for end and drilled new holes to get through the trip. Only did 100 more km will notify TY once more miles are on loose track. As for the maverick track with severely bent lugs after 400km. I will follow some posts on that. Aside from that and the mountain bar that is way to short, I love the nytro.

My first set of hyfaxes the track was tightend according to spec. but that was way to tight. When I tightend the track with the new set I had just over and inch of slack without pulling down, but I noticed it still seemed tight at the transition. The Tech told me it was to loose. I will try 1.5" of slack next time and post my results. The drivers dont look to bad they do have more wear than I would expect at only 69mi. The track is a POS lugs allready fold over at only 69mi. Im still going to give it a chance if I can get some mi. on it. Come on YAMAHA I Need a front shock!

I changed my first set of sliders at 1400km. I just passed 1800km and have to change them again. And that was with about 100km of trail riding, the rest in fields. As stupid as I looked, I laid across my seat sideways and hung my head over the boards watching the track on the trail. My lugs are folding over and there was 0 snow coming up, any snow that was being flung by the lugs (which wasn't much at all) was being thrown straight out the back under the snowflap.

I'm convinced I'm burning slides up cause the lugs are so soft and folding over. And I haven't been riding hard on the trail, always pulling off into deep snow every 1/2km or so.

Scratchers are coming.......hopefully that will be the cure. Otherwise hyperfax might be on order!!!!! :o|

This is my only complaint about the sled, other than this problem it is the funnest sled I have ever rode :Rockon:

Back