• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking at Purchasing a 2010 Pro

BigGuyMDU

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha RS Viking Professional
Hi folks, looking for some advice. Any input is greatly appreciated. Recently sold my 17 indy 550 short track and I am now in the market for a new to me sled. Priced out new ones and it's just not in the cards for me. Locally a 2010 viking pro has come up for sale. The age scares me a bit but it has a very low 1182 kms on it and the thing looks like new. Machine is in ontario Canada and is listed at $7750. With current market prices being what they are and the age of the machine being what it is, should I run to, or away from this machine lol. I do a combination of riding but I primarily ice fish and break trail into lakes. Obviously I run fire roads and ungroomed trails to get to where I need to go as well.

Any big issues with these machines, common problems or things to look out for?

The only Yamaha experience I have is a four stroke outboard, winter sports have only ever been Arcitc Cat, Ski doo and Polaris.

Again thanks for any input anyone provides.

welcome!

that milage is nothing on that engine. i do reccomend running full synthetic engine oil as it helps it start easier in the cold. around the -30 mark, start carrying a booster pack as that engine starts cranking hard at those temps and needs the extra ommph to get running after sitting overnight.

the only other things to do is repack speedo bearing and replace chaincase oil every year. rest is usually common maintenece to all sleds.

Hi folks, looking for some advice. Any input is greatly appreciated. Recently sold my 17 indy 550 short track and I am now in the market for a new to me sled. Priced out new ones and it's just not in the cards for me. Locally a 2010 viking pro has come up for sale. The age scares me a bit but it has a very low 1182 kms on it and the thing looks like new. Machine is in ontario Canada and is listed at $7750. With current market prices being what they are and the age of the machine being what it is, should I run to, or away from this machine lol. I do a combination of riding but I primarily ice fish and break trail into lakes. Obviously I run fire roads and ungroomed trails to get to where I need to go as well.

Any big issues with these machines, common problems or things to look out for?

The only Yamaha experience I have is a four stroke outboard, winter sports have only ever been Arcitc Cat, Ski doo and Polaris.

Again thanks for any input anyone provides.
I have a 2021 and it is awesome, best part is fuel injection and eLectric power steering (not on the 2010 though.)
You will find the sled is heavy, get the 11 inch skins for better flotation and make sure you pack a shovel, getting unstuck is not fun when it weighs 800 pounds. The mileage is nothing, Yamaha makes quality sleds and you will soon find out what quality means compared to your past sleds.
For your stated purpose this is an excellent choice as that is exactly what this sled is all about, utility and built to take it, the four stroke is awesome and you will not miss the 2 stroke oil smell, power is excellent. you will find the other riders in this group are very awesome and I am sure you will get more accurate advice from other 2010 owners. Enjoy and welcome to the group

Back