• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Buying a 2005 RS Rage

Toad

Buying my first 4 stroke this weekend(2005 Rage) 3600 miles. I gave it a good once over, looks Very Clean..However are there any pitfalls I should look out for; Cracked Spiders, Eating Primary Roller Bushings..etc

I just do not want to have to spend as much garage time again this summer/winter as I have on my Ye Ole' 94 Vmax.

Thanks for look'in out. :yam:

make shure you check the w-arm for cracks.This was the lonly year rage with the old proaction suspesion.The clutch should be fine but you can check it out.

Pro 116 -
by w-arm it is the front and back piviot arms correct? Do these crack under normal wear-n-tear or do need to be getting huge air quite offten?

the front one where the center shock is mounted too_On the proaction suspension that is a common problem if rode hard.

Got it -Thanks for the quick reply-

Can't wait to pick it up this weekend-so I can stare at it in my garage......lol

I am considering an 05 Rage also. Is there any where I can look up specs on the sled, such as engine size, fuel capacity and things like that?

XCR583 said:
I am considering an 05 Rage also. Is there any where I can look up specs on the sled, such as engine size, fuel capacity and things like that?

www.yamaha-motor.com

A bad arm:

Attachments

• normal_skid_003.jpg
    normal_skid_003.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 90
Pretty sure to get the specs you find a current model and then hit a "compare" button which should give you the option of comparing it to an older model. At least that's what I did last year.

Back