• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Buying a 2008 Nytro

wxgreg said:
Sledtime9 said:
A thousand dollars???
I think not!!

Here is a list:
ball joint mod =$30.00 or less at the local machine shop
Ski Doo pilot skis = $150 for used or 250 on flee-bay
Set toe in $ free, takes 5 minutes

How does that add up to $1000.00?

Heck, add a Ulmer clutch kit and you still have cash left for storage bags etc...

You only mention 3 things to fix, but reading this thread alone is enough to THINK it would be more than that....

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=56865

I am pretty sure there were like 11or was it 13 changes to the front end alone from 2008 to 2009. Heck the entire ski frame appears to have changed based on the specs (height, length etc) I was also referring to the bad subframe which I read about on this site I believe, having the front end done by a reputable place, for (I think it was a couple hundred bucks or so) then having to wait on the parts to be sent back, plus the 200 for the skis, and whatever else the problems were.

Look I am not trying to start a pissing match with anyone, I am simply stating my opinion. Which is I would not want to buy a product that out of the box I would have to fix basically before it was ridable (according to many on this site) if I had the choice, which I obviously did, I went with the 2011 vs the 2008. If you have a 2008 and are happy with it thats great! But if the option was there and the price was not too much different then I would opt for another model year.

It also just seemed strange TO ME.... again MY OPINION only why there was a 2008 left on the showroom floor and no 2009 or 2010's!

Have you even ridden a 2008 Nytro? Or are you offering advise on a sled you have never sat your butt on or ridden any miles at all?

Back