• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Buying a left over2010 Apex LTX GT

Don't bother messin' with just better/different wear bars, upgrade to better skis right away. I like the pilot skis, but other good choices too, so i hear.

Leave alone for now

Yea, I will have to ride it first and see how she handles.
Thanks,
Blue

All we do is put one dually on the right ski and a 6" woody on the left and zero darting! I loved my sled last year, didn't touch the shocks either and fully dressed I go about 235 lbs!

Your gonna love that sled more than you can imagine!

Sweet ride! I would have liked the black stealthy Apex LTX GT, but when I bought a leftover 2009 blue was all they had. I like the trditional Yamaha Blue as well, but they are certainly less common in Black!

You will LOVE this sled, Mine was like a dream after I got the first ride out of the way. The dealership had it set up all wrong. Backed out almost all the preload on the front coilovers, raised limiter strap 1 hole, and bought some Stud Boy duece 6" carbides. Handles great now no pushing in corners and tracks straight without darting.

Im leaving mine stock, except some storage options and the Powermadd handguards with mirrors. I bought the nose bag and the windshield bag, both were under $30 each and very handy. Once I get my Yammiheater at Hastings or Novi, Ill be set

i had the deuce carbides, great improvement over stock. Then i made the switch to snowtrackers. I often look at this site for improvements to make on my yammie. I can't for the life of me, understand why the snowtrackers isn't listed as a "MUST BUY" for all apex on this site. Its not an improvement over stock but a complete handling transformation. Unless you want wider skis for better floatation, buying skis is a waste of money in my opinion. After two seasons and 3000 miles of abuse the snowtrackers still looks and handles as day one.

nb-attak said:
i had the deuce carbides, great improvement over stock. Then i made the switch to snowtrackers. I often look at this site for improvements to make on my yammie. I can't for the life of me, understand why the snowtrackers isn't listed as a "MUST BUY" for all apex on this site. Its not an improvement over stock but a complete handling transformation. Unless you want wider skis for better floatation, buying skis is a waste of money in my opinion. After two seasons and 3000 miles of abuse the snowtrackers still looks and handles as day one.

I'd have to agree with this one. The Sno-Trackers make A Yamaha turn and not dart. I wasted more money on skis than you can shake a stick at. It just needs the proper wearbars! Don't even try single carbides! Enjoy the new sled!

Back