• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Buying a no-start 2013

MLF149

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro RTX
I just picked up a 2013 RTX with 1K miles; no issues.

I'm looking at another 2013 RTX with 2K miles. Owner left it outside under a tarp for the last year. Just cut the price in 1/2 since he claims it won't start now. Turns over, but won't start. Want's $3,500 as-is. Looks to be in perfect shape otherwise.

It's a 5 hr drive for me to get it.

Is this worth a gamble? Hoping for something simple, like relays and really old fuel?

most likely something simple like water in the gas from sitting with no/not enough gas in it. that is a pretty good price.

Outside under a tarp I’d be looking for rodent damage. Chewed up wiring and or nests in air box or exhaust

Outside under a tarp I’d be looking for rodent damage. Chewed up wiring and or nests in air box or exhaust
I was thinking the same thing. That main wireing harness is $500.

The guy that owns it has alot of outdoor power toys; I suspect he found the issue but isn't saying. That's why he cut the price in 1/2 overnight. If it was something simple he probably could fix it himself. Still, price is good even if I have to put a couple 100 and hours of time.

Back