• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Buying new gear this year

lawmanbsi

Expert
I getting new jacket, bibs, gloves and helmet. I think I'm good with CXK Modular. I having a little trouble deciding between FXR and Klim. I was bent on getting Yamaha branded gear but now I don't think its that big a deal. Any pros and cons from owners of the two. I live and ride in Michigan which doesn't get down in to -10*f very often when I'm out riding.

I bought klim helmet, and at the grass drags I seen those 502 googles and they had a real nice helmet and goggle set up I wish I had waited and got that real comfortable and those glasses are great

I can't complain about my FXR, I have a Backshift Attack Jacket & Bib.

My Brother picked up the Klimate Bib and Jacket. He is smaller than me, but the Klim looks top notch!

You can't go wrong either way.

Klim the way to go

I've had FXR, Reima (now Scott) and currently own Klim gear. I have a Klimate jacket and Free Ride pants. The Klim gear is an order of magnitude warmer and more wind resistant than my FXR gear. Other than flashy looks, FXR gear is pretty flimsy (just my opinion). The Free Ride pants I have are uninsulated and I wear a Klim midlayer fleece under them and have never been cold down to -20F. I have yet to be disappointed with any of my Klim stuff.

Re: Klim the way to go

Yamadogger said:
The Klim gear is an order of magnitude warmer and more wind resistant than my FXR gear. Other than flashy looks, FXR gear is pretty flimsy (just my opinion).

Really, I just purchased a FXR Floatex suit and it seems very well made to me.
I haven't used it yet but I hope what your saying isn't true?
I bought it because I just want to go, put on my jacket and pants and not have to worry about layering and all that.

Could it be the suit you chose from FXR was the wrong one?
They have many to choose from but not all are meant for regular riding and such.
Just curious?

I wear Klim and my son wears FXR floatex series. Both top notch and he is young and abuses the hell out of them. Cant go wrong either way IMHO.

bottlerocket said:
I wear Klim and my son wears FXR floatex series. Both top notch and he is young and abuses the hell out of them. Cant go wrong either way IMHO.

Good to know ;)!

I posted this same question up at freedomsledder and I believe here as well and most replies that came back were positive about FXR jackets and pants, that is what I based my decision on to purchase some.

Like stated above, everything seems very well made so I am sure I will be toasty warm with minimal clothing on underneath.

I have the FXR Team SX Flotex suit and i ride in a t-shirt and shorts and with the vents open most of the time! As far as duribility, i have never had a problem and the suit still looks new.

RX PAT said:
I have the FXR Team SX Flotex suit and i ride in a t-shirt and shorts and with the vents open most of the time! As far as duribility, i have never had a problem and the suit still looks new.

Thanks RX Pat, also good to know ;)!

Any snow in Bethany yet??? LOL.

RX PAT said:
I can't say the same for my Backshift set, cause I've never gone out in shorts... pajama's yes, never tried in shorts.

suit

i got the klim klimate parka and bibs last year and could not be happier with it. the only thing i can say that is bad is when you have to take a leak fast. the zipper hole, used to get my wifes wedding present out of, is small and when it is cold out and shrinkage takes over its anyones guess were your goin.
anyway the suit is wicked. i plan on having it for years to come.
warm
sit in the snow for hours on a warm wet snow day and not get wet
wind does not go through it at 125 mph on a windy day
and if your hung like a horse your all set.

4th season with my FXR X-cross suit, stands up to all the abuse and riding at -30F plus wind chill. Hope they are still making one similar when this one needs to be retired.

Klim work well for me, trying a new helmet this year Choko $150. I put Ipod
speakers in its modular with sun shad.

Attachments

• GRASSDRAGS 020.jpg
    GRASSDRAGS 020.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 115
  • GRASSDRAGS 018.jpg
    GRASSDRAGS 018.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 117

Back