• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Buying new gear this year

Re: suit

zeke said:
i got the klim klimate parka and bibs last year and could not be happier with it. the only thing i can say that is bad is when you have to take a leak fast. the zipper hole, used to get my wifes wedding present out of, is small and when it is cold out and shrinkage takes over its anyones guess were your goin."

I'm glad there is someone else having that problem beside me!!

Attachments

• !cid_AD160C98F35841099EBC58D9F15BB188@yamonda_mb.jpg
    !cid_AD160C98F35841099EBC58D9F15BB188@yamonda_mb.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 89

Lots of good input on the subject. I was talking to a friend that has the FXR Backshift jacket and bibs. He said he really liked his set but It's too hot. He often rides with light clothing and even tried riding in shorts. My last set was Riema It always stay the right temp but was real heavy and didn't feel right. I also had the Gmax s44 modular. I wear glasses and my glasses would fog up. not the visor it stayed clear. I took out the breath deflector and that cured the glasses fogging. With the deflector out my face got really cold. When the sun started to set I had better be close to Home/hotel/cabin.

Looks like I'm going with the Klim Klimate line. Not sure if it will say Yamaha on it. I had my riema for 5 or 6 years and still looked good. No rips tear threads coming out, just a few grease stains. My point is, in that time frame I went through 3 sleds. The jacket only matched the first sled. I do feel pretty confident that my next sled will be a Nytro, but never can tell.

Also would like to note that I talked my wife into having sex on the trail a couple years back and I didn't Take my bibs off.

lawmanbsi said:
Also would like to note that I talked my wife into having sex on the trail a couple years back and I didn't Take my bibs off.
Did she say "THANKS FOR THE TIP" :jump:

Whatever you do stay away from the bombardier modular helmet...leaks air, mask fills with water and freezes-pretty much a bad design overall. I since bought a Klim helmet and have been thrilled with it's performance-windstop keeps it warm when it should be and cool when it should be.
As far as the rest of the gear goes imho as long as you are running Goretex, Windstop, and layers riding will be comfortable.

I haven't seen any Klim full face/modular helmets. I'll have to take a look for them. I would be afraid of the cost if I did find them.

In my experience KLIM gear is superior to all others I have tried. I no longer believe in manufactures brands, having been through 1 Ski-Doo outfit and 2 Yamaha outfits. The Yamaha's were both FXR. I wouldn't limit your self by trying to get everything to say Yamaha on the sleeve. It is impresive that Yamaha partnered with Klim. Both have reputations of high quality perforamnce products. (now if they would only find a ski partner....)

I suggest the Klim 3 layer approach. It is flexible for all conditions. Performance underwear, Klim fleese, and light, wind/rain proof outer jacket. Purchasing directly from a KLIM dealer there are many options for everyone riding style. Looks great and lasts a long time.

Just to get into the mix has anyone tried the 509 helmet with the 509 goggles. I was looking at getting those in a set since you save $20-$25 bucks if you bundle.

Before you go spend your hard earned dough, be sure to check out the MotorFist line. Quality products and prices in line with Klim. And to be honest with you, when I wear my Turnagain Pass Fleece Jacket out in public I have to beat the chicks off with a stick!

Back