• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

C&A Skis

DTR 82-27

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 SIDEWINDER S-TX DX 137
I am thinking about new skis for my 2011 XTX. I was reading old threads about Raxors and some guys liked the XT's but they look really aggressive.

Has anyone tried the new XCS Crossover skis? According to the chart I found on C&A's website, they are about half way between Razors and XT's in terms of width and keel height. With EPS I'm not too worried about steering effort but I want great handling and zero darting. I am mainly on groomed trails but the extra width may be nice for a little more flotation off the trails as long as they aren't too slow.

Here is the chart. Just wondering what the thoughts are about the XCS skis.

image.jpeg

I just put XT C on my 2011 128inch Apex.. only did 100km so far on them, they grip nice, float a lot but i had slim jims on them and they pushed pretty bad with that setup... will put shaper's on and see... i must say the Razor's are really nice , i don't think the XTC will be better unless you need more floatation

TopGunn on here has but on an older Attak, not a power steering model. I was seriously thinking of these but he did mention a little more steering effort and a slight dart in certain conditions. It might get alleviated though on the power steering model. I just got home from Michigan, tons of snow in the western UP, left in a lake effect blizzard today and it snowed over 18"+ while I was there this week. My buddy bought a very low mile 2011 Apex XTX with a 1.5" Camoplast and Simmons Gen III Flexi skis. I was really impressed with those skis on that machine. It rode and handled like a dream, no push, very little darting and they float great at 8" wide.

i put xts on mine (non power steering) awsome flotation , i didnt notice any extra steering effort unless mabe on fresh groom trail slow sharp turn , other that that point n steer! limiter loose , transfer max, works great! so i would think power steering would be even better!

i put xts on mine (non power steering) awsome flotation , i didnt notice any extra steering effort unless mabe on fresh groom trail slow sharp turn , other that that point n steer! limiter loose , transfer max, works great! so i would think power steering would be even better!

How were they for darting, Habs1? That's always a concern on these sleds.

I have the Star kit with the heavy BRP spring, torsion springs on soft, limiter straps to full length, front Ohlins shocks with minimum preload and an Ice Attak XT track.

Thanks for the responses guys.

i do get a little darting depending on conditions but i dont know if you will ever totally get rid of it!!

I've tried them all. C&As float well but will dart. If you use the dually carbides you will get pushing in the corners. If you want good floatation and no darting I recommend the mountain skies with the Snow trackers. Best all round combination.

I have the XCS, after a little adjustment of my ski toe the slight dart they had is gone. So far I really like them about 900 miles on them, I mean my girlfriend just rode my apex all weekend cpl hundred miles and never complained or got worn out by steering. They seem to float pretty good off trail, and stick like its on rails in the trails. I got free 6" shaper bars when I bought the skis and they seem to work well on my 07 Apex Gt. If I didnt buy these it would have been the simmons.

Back