• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cadillac trails to grayling trails

SeaBeeYamaha

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha
Does anyone know a good route to be able to get from the cadillac trail system up to the grayling area trails? My dad and are planing on riding from Spring Lake,MI up to the bridge and into the UP later this week.

Thanks

Use one of the various ways to get to 30 Rd (2 miles north of Boon Rd or 34 Rd as it is also called) which will allow you to cross US 131. Once on the east side of US-131 proceed east to Long Lake Rd (2 parallel ways here - going straight is a 2 track, turning on 43 1/2 Rd is plowed and will turn east after 1/8 mile or so). Whichever way you take you will need to turn north when past the lake (barely visible) which will be slightly less than 2 miles from 30 Rd and 43 1/2 Rd. I think it is marked 47 Rd, but am not sure. You can tell it when on Long Lake Rd because most traffic goes that way. After a mile or so it will not be plowed and after a couple miles go straight thru at fork (right fork). You will see a smiley face on stop sign if you turn and look back after taking the fork. Continue on this road for about 4 miles which winds around and finally hits 20 Rd. You can go either way here but need to turn north at the next turn - 47 Rd is to the west and 49 Rd is to the east, so take one of these. After 5 miles or so you will have to jog east to whatever the name of the road is that crosses the river and shortly after that you should hit the trail. Turn east and you can connect to the Bear Lake trails which of course connects with a Grayling trail. Been a few years since I made this full route, but it can be done. Better if there has been recent snow because it includes several miles of riding shoulders.

There are also other ways including riding through Manton.

Back