• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Camo Challenger Extreme track

wh2oscott

Veteran
I am not a fan of the Maverick track. I have a opportunity at a 153 take off from a Cat, has less then 1000 miles and looks like new.

Is this track gonna make that much difference, or should I wait and go 162?

Also available is a Attack 20 in 162, what are people thoughts on this track?

Also, how many hrs does a track change take? Is it easy?

Well one thing is the cat take off is not a challenger extreme its a standard challenger. The CE is quite a bit stiffer. That being said a ran a cat take off 153 before my 144x2.5 CE and it worked really good. For a cheap way to ditch the maverick I would do it again without
Thinking twice, but in comparison when I dropped down to the 144 CE it performs just as good in the deep. So basically a CE will perform just as good as a longer cat take off challenger. I would say if the price is right you won't regret it but keep in mind that you can have a 155x2.5 CE for a little over 700 so don't pay too much for a cat take off.

As far as a attak 20, I have never herd much good about them and I would stay on the challenger path.

A track swap in a nytro is actually really easy IMO compaired to other sleds as soon as you learn the reverse chain case. I can swap a track in less than 4 hours but doing the chain case for the first or second time can take you a couple hours alone. Just print out the Yamaha parts break down, take pictures and its not bad once you get the hang of it.

I need some input. i'm rebuilding my 09 Nytro Mtx with a Van amburg tunnel and a moutain tamer (i think) rear skid. I'm really torn between getting a 153" powerclaw track or going with a 156" CE with 8" rear wheels on the skid, any input? I ride in the NW, st helens, adams, hood, HOODOO, bachelor, I just want something that's going to float and not trench like it does now. hopefully the wieght i'm taking off will help too.

tbro47 said:
I need some input. i'm rebuilding my 09 Nytro Mtx with a Van amburg tunnel and a moutain tamer (i think) rear skid. I'm really torn between getting a 153" powerclaw track or going with a 156" CE with 8" rear wheels on the skid, any input? I ride in the NW, st helens, adams, hood, HOODOO, bachelor, I just want something that's going to float and not trench like it does now. hopefully the wieght i'm taking off will help too.

Set up right with either track you would probably be happy. I really don't think you can go wrong with a CE. I would like to try swapping out my 144x2.5 CE for a 141 powerclaw just for the reduced rotating weight and try to increase track speed but I personally more confident in the CE. You will find most on this debate will say whatever they have is the best as with most things. I would like to try a powerclaw but I really don't think you can go wrong with a CE that's why I went with it.

If the Powerclaw was a 2.5" i think you could debate the 2. But untill then CE hands down. Too many people think they are running the CE when actually they running just a regular Camo.

I have a 09 nytro mtx stock and i thought a 156x15x2.5 CE would be the best track for my riding style. So i called to order one today and i was told that the track has been discontinued. Has anyone else ordered this track recent.

Thanks guys. i've decided to bite the bullet and just go a 162" CE. called and had my tunnel changed to a 162" now just have to order the track and skid. i plan on boost next season so might as well go big or not go at all.

cchard said:
I have a 09 nytro mtx stock and i thought a 156x15x2.5 CE would be the best track for my riding style. So i called to order one today and i was told that the track has been discontinued. Has anyone else ordered this track recent.
??? You sure you specified 3" pitch? Interesting...

ruffryder said:
cchard said:
??? You sure you specified 3" pitch? Interesting...[/quote

I herd the same from a guy locally, very weird.]

tbro47 said:
Thanks guys. i've decided to bite the bullet and just go a 162" CE. called and had my tunnel changed to a 162" now just have to order the track and skid. i plan on boost next season so might as well go big or not go at all.

Good choice! I don't think there is another choice for boosted, my only concern with mine on my NA sled is how much power it takes to turn but with boost there is no lack of power!

Back