• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can a vector / rage do this?

low slung

TY 4 Stroke Master
Not bashing here. Just have never seen any pics of vectors/rages jumping. Our 04 warrior is about 100lbs too heavy for this kind of thing. A great sled for trail "air" though. Not planning to imitate Jimmy Blaze, just curious if a vector can get air like the pic.? Really like the vector/rage just not ready yet to give-up on some air. :yam: Yeah, I know its not a yam pic but that pol is long gone.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 113

Oh yeah. A vector can do that but the landing sure isn't the most comfortable thing I have jumped. Bottomed both the front and the rear suspension while trying to jump a road. I also weighed my vector from front to back and the front end is 100 lbs heavier than the rear. It weighed in at 597 with 1/4 tank of gas in it.

RSVECTORFREAK said:
Oh yeah. A vector can do that but the landing sure isn't the most comfortable thing I have jumped. Bottomed both the front and the rear suspension while trying to jump a road. I also weighed my vector from front to back and the front end is 100 lbs heavier than the rear. It weighed in at 597 with 1/4 tank of gas in it.

So we choose to move the rider in which direction in '06? Oh yeah, FORWARD, so there will be even MORE weight on the front end, makes sense to me.

This front biased weight thing is no joke. We have had our vector about 3 weeks now and the snow conditions have been all hard pack and i loved it. Now that we have some deep powder the weight transfer is VERY noticeable. It flat out rips in the soft stuff but as soon as you get off the gas at high speed watch out it gets very very front heavy and wants to hunt and plow. Its maybe more noticeable because i'm not used to breaking trails at speeds over 55-60 but as soon as you get of the gas hang on.

bcoon said:
This front biased weight thing is no joke. We have had our vector about 3 weeks now and the snow conditions have been all hard pack and i loved it. Now that we have some deep powder the weight transfer is VERY noticeable. It flat out rips in the soft stuff but as soon as you get off the gas at high speed watch out it gets very very front heavy and wants to hunt and plow. Its maybe more noticeable because i'm not used to breaking trails at speeds over 55-60 but as soon as you get of the gas hang on.

This is where you would especially love Simmons skis. IMHO the stock skis sink big time with the slightest hint of forward weight transfer.

NOSPRO can make anything fly LOL

I've had mine a ways up in the air plenty of times. It seems to leave the ground a lot easier than my SX chassis did, especially with a blip of the throttle right before the crest of the hill. Landing is nicer too. It's been fun!

Thanx for the info. folks. Onlyonayami, I hear ya on the shutter lag. I've taken more shoots of my face, the sky, snowdust, etc. than I ever have of our sled.

Seems you got to spend $500+ for a Rebel or something to get the shutter speed of a good SLR camera. My wife has broken her 3mp Kodak in Iraq, so I am going to send her the 5mp Kodak and get the Rebel. Done screwing around with inferior products.

Better yet low slung, check some of my RX1 pics in this whole Totallyamaha site. You would be impressed what a "heavy sled" can do, or dance like. The avatar is a good start!

No bashing at all............just fact!

Back