• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can you install a shutoff valve for the carbs

rx1forever

Expert
Hey ther I was wondering who makes a kit for the rx1s i know that on warmer days the machines are harder to start, they are 04s, and I think that they changed them on the 05s, would this make them perform better with the coolant off denser air going through? I know that when it does get cold you do need it, hopefully they will have a part # for the 05s so that you can retrofit it to the 04s, I am so depressed now that the warmer weather is here summer is soooo loooong can hardly wait for next year, but working on the sleds in the meantime helps!!!!! thanks. 8)

Cheer up

Nearly any 1/4 shutoff will work. I put mine on today. I put shutoffs on the gas lines too. I also did the carbs sinking and it starts easier, even when it is warm. But it sounds a bit better running with sinked carbs.

Now for the blues. Hey....I put 40 miles on in the Upper Pen. on Saturday, before pulling my mountain back home for the summer. There is lots of snow in the mountains. Not as much fun as powder, but it still makes for a decent ride. But watch out for the ponding that can occur. Man one almost got me. First time one ever for me, and I found out that you don't slow, but gas the heck out of it and hope nobody is behind you.

I was by myself, and I got out but it made my heart pound a bit. Light snow on the top disguised it pretty well. Got a wet butt but didn't get stuck in the pond.

There will be snow up there for at least 2 more weeks. Higher elevations off the lake is the ticket. So what are you waiting for...xmas??

Back