• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can't believe it Until you Ride it.

Boondawgin

I had an opertunity to put lots of miles on the APEX this weekend thanks to Cody the toy hauler and Leipheimer Yamaha from Montana. We had a good foot of fresh un-tracked snow and some serious hills. I saw the sled in show and didn't think much of it until I rode it. Coming off a TRX, I noticed right away that it soaked up the bumps in the trail with ease as fast as I wanted to go even through the corners with that long 162. Throttle response was fantastic, although I thought it could have shifted out a little further (demo clutching). Once we got to the deep stuff, I was amazed with its handling. Cutting big sharp turns both left and right on a down hill slope made it 100% fun compared to most sleds. It feels light and reacts instantly to body movement. on the Hill it purred up the steep trackless stuff with ease. I must have one now. It had plenty of power even coming off my turbo. Only dislike was the slick seat. I rode an M7 as well, which we consider to be a #1 mountain sled in these parts. I would rather take the APEX without question. The seat, handlebars, and skiis were all desireable. The tunnel with footing all the way to the rear bumper is nice too. In short I cannot believe what they have done to turn this into a true mountain monster!

Hey whats up with Yamaha these days? In 20 years of riding, I have never seen them deliver the goods and push the Demo rides so hard. Especially in the Mountains. This is really fantastic response from them! two years ago I was a disgruntled fan. Thanks guys.

I think the demo rides are a result of two things

1. They themselves are truly excited about these new sleds

2. As far as mtn sleds go - Cat had great success last year with getting the new M7 out for people to ride, and their sales were great this year. Polaris did not let anyone ride the RMK 900 and their sales were not as good. Maybe just a coincidence.......

I rode the Apex and was impressed as well, and did notice the clutching seemed a tad off. Maybe we rode the same unit! I'm sure it will be spot on this fall - they seem to improve the out of box clutching for the mtn sleds each year.

POO-laris didn't get there confusion out for people to ride.

Thats because it was a pile shizz , right from the get go.......LMAO . That was actually a smart move on there part . Ha Ha :moon:

Back