• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carb cleaning and now vibration?

03griz

Pro
Okay, took the carbs out and cleaned them. Had disassembled the slides and found the needles dropped one click. Also jetted to 137.5 while I was in there. Put it back together and it has a wicked vibration starting at 70-80 mph. Can not tell if it is driveling and sort of think it must be something with the carbs. If the diaphram on the slide was pinched at all could it cause something like this? My original problem was sometimes it would pull top end then like a light switch it would lose 20 mph. Could not hold it open for long on the river last night because the wind has put some pretty big drifts on the river but need to figure this out before I go back to the original problem. Anybody have experience with the slides?

check your plugs, if you tore one of the diaphrams
it will cause that cylinder to run lean because the
tear wont allow it to hold vacume. it could cause a
vib or miss at a higher speed because the slide is
not opening properly. you stated your needles were
dropped, this may have an effect on your top end
problem, not enough go juice for the rpm

Wow! hardly could read through all the replies......anyways removed all the slides tonight and found I caught the edge of one of them under the cap. Also put in a different set of plugs. And one more thing noticed that the rear wheels were half full of ice because I had put it in the shop to R & R the carbs and it only half melted off. So I don't know if it was vibrations from wheels out of balance or the slide. The plug with the slide was wet plus under the cab it was pretty wet. Took it for a ride and 108 M/H was the most I saw on the dream meter but the trail has some good dropps in it and I was scared to hold it anymore. I think it might be good.

my 04 rx1, about 110 mph is as good as it gets.
those diaphrams are tough to get under the caps
i know ive pinched them in the past. hope your
problem is solved

Back