• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help diagnose a sick RX warrior!

So... hopefully last, or second to last, update. Hung them back on, and it runs significantly better! Hooked up my ATF balancer to carbs 3/4 to check those first, almost exact. When I hooked it up to 1/2, #1 promptly sucked all the ATF out of the tube, and promptly did a nice job of fogging that cylinder!

So.. roughly adjusted 1/2 balance by ear and got it at least runnable. It idles/starts/transitions reasonable well. 4 port vacuum syncronizer is on the way, here Friday.

thanks everyone for the suggestions, and hopefully someone else can stumble on this thread at save some time.

Clean your carbs, clean your carbs, and when you think you are done, clean again. (and then balance)

A 4 port sync tool is best, but a two port will have exactly the same end result if done in the right order.
These 4 strokes are super fussy to synchronization at idle.
Has a huge effect on idle quality.

X2 as it seemed I was always chasing my tails when using just two port. After seeing how all the new Motion Pro sync tools use this new blue stuff, I must have found one of the last mercury ones.

X2 as it seemed I was always chasing my tails when using just two port. After seeing how all the new Motion Pro sync tools use this new blue stuff, I must have found one of the last mercury ones.
..but the good stuff is always "hazardous"!

Back