• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

carb mcx vs injected mcx

rx1 turbo

Just want to get some input on fuel injected mcx vs carb mcx. Carb sled has pistons, injected has stock pistons. Carb sled running 12 pounds boost, injected has 10 pounds. Who should get to the end of the lake first.

The sled thats fastest will get to the end of the lake first. That is why we race.

end of lake.

I would think the sled with 2lbs of extra boost would get there first. Pistons are not a factor but 2lbs of boost is if turbochargers are the same size?

If both turbo's are the same ,
pressure is pressure ,(boost)
compression is already in the equation !

The higher boost wins , if both set correct , traction etc !

rx1 turbo said:
Just want to get some input on fuel injected mcx vs carb mcx. Carb sled has pistons, injected has stock pistons. Carb sled running 12 pounds boost, injected has 10 pounds. Who should get to the end of the lake first.

The Apex is way faster off the line even if running lower compression than the RX-1 which I believe the Apex does. If installed with the parts coming with the kit (2 head gaskets and a 0,059" headshim) the Apex will have CR of 8.94:1 and the RX-1 with 10:1 pistons and 2 stacked head gaskets will have CR of 9.13:1. Assuming both sleds have the clutching spot on the Apex will win. If the sleds are running the boost level you say, they will be pretty close in power, maybe a few hp in favor of the RX-1.

On the other hand I think you have the boost levels mixed up cause the RX-1 MCXpress kit came with the turbo preset at 10 lbs of boost where the Apex MCXpress kit came with the turbo preset at 12 lbs of boost. In this scenario the competition is over before it has ever startet, the Apex is the king. Then again it may depend on gearing and the distance you run, both running the same gearing nothing changes.

rxrider said:
rx1 turbo said:

The Apex is way faster off the line even if running lower compression than the RX-1 which I believe the Apex does. If installed with the parts coming with the kit (2 head gaskets and a 0,059" headshim) the Apex will have CR of 8.94:1 and the RX-1 with 10:1 pistons and 2 stacked head gaskets will have CR of 9.13:1. Assuming both sleds have the clutching spot on the Apex will win. If the sleds are running the boost level you say, they will be pretty close in power, maybe a few hp in favor of the RX-1.

On the other hand I think you have the boost levels mixed up cause the RX-1 MCXpress kit came with the turbo preset at 10 lbs of boost where the Apex MCXpress kit came with the turbo preset at 12 lbs of boost. In this scenario the competition is over before it has ever startet, the Apex is the king. Then again it may depend on gearing and the distance you run, both running the same gearing nothing changes.

why is it you say the apex is faster off the line, I raced alot of turboed apex,s at the fairview shoot out and not one of them ever beat me off the line or anywhere else.

snowy1 said:
why is it you say the apex is faster off the line, I raced alot of turboed apex,s at the fairview shoot out and not one of them ever beat me off the line or anywhere else.

I will take a shot at this.....................ITS ALL.. ABOUT, # 1 HOOKUP & # 2 CLUTCHING.

snowy1 said:
rxrider said:
rx1 turbo said:

Well I have seen it the other way around. Depends on clutching and tracktion I would say. Here in Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Finland) all there is are the MCXpress kits, I have seen them all run, this is what I have seen on the trail and in the races. In the sanctioned races the Apex rules as well.

Back