• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carbides for curve skis

yamaha1 said:
Hey everyone,

People are correct the XS ski is drilled for similar carbides as most of the C&A skis.

We have a carbide selection guide on our website.

http://www.curveindustries.com/sled-setup.asp

For the Nytro's we have had very good luck with the 6" round bar and the 6" commander bar series. Both give great steering feedback but with a slightly less aggressive feel that doesn't have that "edgy" quick little nudges in low snow or icy conditions.

Thanks to all the Curve supports out there and all the responses in helping each other out. That's what makes this industry great! Hope everyone has a great season.

Nathan Sobolik
Mid West Sales
Curve Industries
nathan@curveindustries.com
Do you still sell the nytro specific bar for the 08s. i had these on at first and didnt like them but i think it was more because my alignment was off. now that i got that figured out i think they might work again... Will you guys be at the milwaukee snow show by chance, then i can just ask you tommorow lol...

So Nathan,
Is Curve's recommendation changing from 4" round bar to 6" round or commander for the Nytros now? Past discussions said to go with a 4" round, "no less, no more".

Sorry guys, couldn't make the WI show this weekend.

We do not have the nytro specific bar anymore. Have found the round bar and commander bar to work great and if needed add the leading edge. As you mentioned making sure that your suspension setup and toe are correct as well.

As for 4" vs.6" on the carbide... we have heard from customers that with our skis they can run a little less than they are typically use to running with other skis. Generally speaking though we would probably start with 6" for the Nytro, unless we've spoke with a customer and based on what they are looking for and their riding style we decide to go with 4".

It is always based on each persons preference and what they are looking for in particular.

Nathan

Thanks for feedback on the carbides Nathan.

Another question maybe you can help with. There are instructions on the Curve forum explaining how to do a ski alignment and set toe. They talk about measuring from the prongs that taper into the ski deck, both front and rear of skis. My interpretation of where to measure from is highlighted in red in the attached photo. Can you confirm that these are the right locations to measure from when setting toe?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Curves measure point.JPG
    Curves measure point.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 74
I ended up buying 6 in round bars. I was hoping to get a leading edge from the snow show so i didnt have to pay shipping but oh well. Bird that is where i took my measurements from for alignment... u could also use the front and rear studs of the carbide if you want. Its all about reference point.

bird,

You are correct. Those are the locations you want to pickup on when measuring the toe adjustment. That is the easiest point on the ski to pickup on with a tape measure and is also the most stable area in the mold when molding the ski as well. So you will get your most accurate measurement.

However, ragin is correct that is about picking the same reference point each time and being consistent no matter what point you pick.

Nathan

I am running a 10" shaper bar from Studboy for racing purposes but I typically use a 8" round bar or shaper bar from studboy on my Curve Ski's. Yes the bolt pattern is the same as a C&A ski.

Back