• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cardo Packtalk Bold experience, and communications in general

Now bear in mind these are "Edges" and not "Bolds" . Interesting note is that this am the battery level is back up to 75% after warming up. Perhaps the Edge has a battery which is more suspectable to cold (we were riding at -15c) The other thing is the odds of getting three brand new duds.

Now bear in mind these are "Edges" and not "Bolds" . Interesting note is that this am the battery level is back up to 75% after warming up. Perhaps the Edge has a battery which is more suspectable to cold (we were riding at -15c) The other thing is the odds of getting three brand new duds.

Could be. I have no experience with the edge. Where on your helmet is the edge mounted, can you send a pic.

I do have some contacts at Cardo, I will reach out to them and see if they have an opinion.

Last edited:
Mounted standard position bottom edge left side slightly to the rear. Not a lot of options on mounting these and would look preety dorky mounted on something wierd like top or back of helmet. They say that they are only operate down to -20c, not made for snowmobiling apparently. Should have researched this more before dropping $1500 collectively on these.

Mounted standard position bottom edge left side slightly to the rear. Not a lot of options on mounting these and would look preety dorky mounted on something wierd like top or back of helmet. They say that they are only operate down to -20c, not made for snowmobiling apparently. Should have researched this more before dropping $1500 collectively on these.
Rating is the same as the bold.

Back