• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case gasket

Todd Beenen

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 T-Cat
She popped out of the groove, how long should I leave it in the ice box?

Use a thick grease like Red and Tacky, and coat the gasket and the chaincase cover groove. That helps the gasket stick in the groove when reinstalling it.

MS
Sevey, that’s another good idea, thanks

Tip I came up with today.... Use a .22 brush to remove the old loctite from the threads in the backside of the chain case. Mount it in your cordless drill and cleaning goes quick.
IMG_20220831_192910.jpg

I didn’t know there was loctite on those fasteners to begin with, should I put a dab on them when I install them? I’ve had em off a couple times.

Tip I came up with today.... Use a .22 brush to remove the old loctite from the threads in the backside of the chain case. Mount it in your cordless drill and cleaning goes quick.View attachment 168704
I have run a tap through mine to clean the threads, but that is a great idea as a few of the holes are tough to get at.
MS

Compressed air, like the manual says, has always worked for me.
Would not want to compromise the magnesium by wire brushing or tapping too much.

Back