• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Changing Sliders

Monsey

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper LTX DX
Quick question... I have a '14 Viper LTX DX , will I need to remove the skid to change the sliders or will they fit threw the holes in the track ? I'll likely end up going with regular sliders rather than Duponts. I fully believe in Duponts on other Yamaha's that love to eat their sliders, but getting 8000km's on a pair is pretty good.

Just get them started about 4 inches out and put the machine in reverse. Don't stand behind it and peal them off. Saves alot of time.

Great, thanks. This last 8000km's has been awesome not having to change sliders. Just need to pick some up this week and get 'er done.

Used the same trick on my old Vector, Except I tapped a large flat screwdriver between the slider and slide rail, rolled the track backwards by hand to start the slider in the window and let her rip in reverse. Don't forget about the screw at the front of the slider.

Back