• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

check engine light 2003 rx 1

yakkk

Hi, the orange warning light on my dash is on and tne engine light flashes in a cycle of two's. It a 2003 rx 1 . Any help would be great.

no, i have the orange warning triangle flashing and below that the check engine symbol flashes in a cycle of two on - then off.

look in the manual if you have it because that is a blink code for diagnostics.

I don't have a manual. I was hoping someone on the site had one and could help me out. thanks

The owners manual just tells you to go to the dealer. If your light is flashing in series of two, then there is a problem with your grip warmer according to the service manual. See attachment for page.

Attachments

• RX-1 warning lights.JPG
    RX-1 warning lights.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 1,978
I ended up having a bad grip. i replaced it and the warmers started to work again and the check engine light went off. Thanks for the help...........................

I ended up having a bad grip. i replaced it and the warmers started to work again and the check engine light went off. Thanks for the help...........................

Hi Yakkk, I am brand new here with a new to me 04 RX1 - I have the exact same issue. Did you order the grip from Yamaha or aftermarket? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Back