• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Check Your Clutching!!

nalgene77

Be sure and check that your Nytro is properly clutched for your riding area. Mine wasn't and is factory set for over 10,000 feet (I ride between 5000-8000 feet). :o| It was a dog until I complained to my dealer, and now I can't believe the difference.

The only reason I became suspicious, is because I rode another Nytro on a recent trip and there was no comparison......

:Rockon:

You might want to watch your tach cus it is a great tuning tool. You want to be about 8900ish at wide open throttle. Pretty basic stuff.

usafracer said:
Did your dealer re-clutch for free? If not you might want to talk to them. Mine was done free under warranty

I had to pay for mine, $320 for the new top gear, chain, spring, weight rivets, gear oil, and labour. I was able to keep the stock parts though.

Turk said:
You might want to watch your tach cus it is a great tuning tool. You want to be about 8900ish at wide open throttle. Pretty basic stuff.

"Turk" while we're on the subject what 's the best RPM range for an APEX LTX, I'm ranging from 10.700 in heavy snow to 11.000-11.100 on hard pack long pulls like lakes and railbeds...I'm complety STOCK no studs.

No, they're still trying to charge me for it!! I called Yamaha Canada customer service, it's been a week and they still haven't called me back with a verdict.

I've had to drop $4000.00 on top of the $12,000 I paid for the sled, just to make it perform as it should "out of the box".

My perception of Yamaha as a company is changing, and not for the better!!! :o|

tapex_07 said:
apltx08 that sounds a little high to me.. I thought it was supose to be 10,200 to 10,500...
RX1 are in the range you mentioned, APEX'S are slightly higher...

"nalgene77" I'd fight this out with YAM Canada try this # 416-498-1911 and ask for "CUSTOMER RELATIONS" and just explain to them your hole story...

apltx08 said:
tapex_07 said:
apltx08 that sounds a little high to me.. I thought it was supose to be 10,200 to 10,500...
RX1 are in the range you mentioned, APEX'S are slightly higher...

"nalgene77" I'd fight this out with YAM Canada try this # 416-498-1911 and ask for "CUSTOMER RELATIONS" and just explain to them your hole story...

Don't waste your breath ! I already checked on it with Chris Reid, and the clutching changes are the "customer's responsibility". If anything positive comes out of it, please let me know. Good Luck ;)!

$4000.00 for tuning a clutch is way beyond highway robbery! IMO, find a new dealer to service your sled. A good dealer would know how the sled should be setup for his area in the first place and sale them that way. If you ride out of his area then I could understand the improper setup, but not to the tune of $4000.00. :moon:

I should clarify something before we start handing out the pitchforks and torches! LOL

I meant to say that all the mods I've done (below) for $4000.00, I don't think I should have to do to a brand new sled.

My dealer wants $318.00 for the clutching, but I still feel I shouldn't be paying for it. The local dealer should setup their sleds for their local customers elevation. JMO

:winter:

They should. I moved to Alaska this summer and that is why I got mine reclutched.

On a side note Kamloops is beautifull. My wife and I stopped and visited some friends there on our way up.

my dealer is putting the low elevation clutch kit in my nytro for free... he told me I could ride it the way it was but I would bounce off the rev limiter more than likely. That being said I don't know what that all includes, if it is just the weight rivets or if that is a different spring as well?

Littlehoe said:
my dealer is putting the low elevation clutch kit in my nytro for free... he told me I could ride it the way it was but I would bounce off the rev limiter more than likely. That being said I don't know what that all includes, if it is just the weight rivets or if that is a different spring as well?

Your dealer is paying for those parts from what I was told, and everything included in the sea level kit is listed in my first reply above ^^^

My dealer did everything as part of his setup, geared down, rivits etc. All on the dealer, but why setup for 10,000 ft out of box,odd!!

Back